What is a mobile PBX? Traditional PBX systems and associated office phone systems have been the exact opposite of mobile. Historically, a PBX (private branch exchange) system referred to a specific IT-intensive setup that tended to be difficult to manage, frustrating for employees and expensive to maintain. It involved wires, server hardware, desk phones and desktop software. What if your PBX had none of those things?
TechTarget defines a PBX as
“A telephone system within an enterprise that switches calls between enterprise users while allowing all users to share a certain number of external phone lines.”
That’s precisely what a mobile PBX does. It condenses all of the critical communication needs of a business into a low-cost enterprise app and then deploys them across mobile devices. It can act alone or add mobile capabilities to an existing office phone system.
This is precisely what digital transformation should be doing -- removing complexity and costs. Private employee numbers are masked behind a company outgoing number and all the data collected on the call stays securely under company control.
While removing complexity helps sales connect with more prospects, lowering costs gives the business owner more freedom in finding ways to improve the customer experience. Both improvements filter their way into improving your profit margin.
12 Profit Strategies from Business Queensland
Review these 12 strategies for improving your profit performance, based on suggestions from the Business hub of the official Queensland government site. Every business creates value in its own way, so only experimentation can reveal which strategy will have the biggest impact on your bottom line.
A) Boosting revenue from sales
- Increase productivity of your staff – A large number of studies have shown that intelligent deployment of mobile devices enhances worker productivity. One showed that sales reps are spending 78% of their time doing performing tasks other than selling. Automation plus mobility can change that.
- Develop new product lines – Get on the phone and talk to your existing customers about new products and services they’d like to see. Customers want to talk and they are willing to spend more for a better experience.
- Find new customers – Engagement strategies are the key to attracting new customers and retaining existing ones. Learn more about what drives engagement.
- Find new markets – Rapid advances in global communication and supply chain technology have made it possible for even small businesses to have an international customer base. Research new markets and use a mobile PBX to add a local number in any of 56 countries.
- Customer service – A better customer experience makes competition irrelevant. When customers need an answer or have special requests, they pick up the phone. Mobility gives your team the ability to respond instantly from anywhere.
- Increase your prices – Customers want a better experience so much that they already pay a premium to companies that will provide it. Your phone platform should help you be more responsive and flexible, you will be more valuable to the customer and command higher prices.
- Price discounts – Discounts must be handled very carefully or customers will get used to them. A smart discount at the right time can make a sale but a blanket discount to everyone is just a price cut. Use social selling techniques to offer unique discounts to individual clients or client networks.
- Retail displays – Partnerships with established retailers can help you scale your business quickly. Learn more about collaborative digital ecosystems.
B) Cutting costs with leaner operations
- Decrease inventory - Keep an eye on inventory levels from your smartphone. More business leaders are running all of their essential business operations directly from apps on their mobile devices.
- Decrease direct/indirect costs – Before your phone system contract auto-renews, ask some hard questions about whether you could be doing more with less. You could also see productivity gains from allowing employees use the phones they already love.
- Decrease overheads – A mobile PBX can save your business up to 88% over the cost of a traditional phone system.
- Benchmark key financials – How much are your competitors and lean operators in other industries spending on communication costs? Take a closer look at the principles of Zero Based Budgeting to see if they could help you control expenses.
Scale up at your own pace
With no IT skills required, a business owner or office manager can set up a mobile PBX platform on employee phones to create a professional phone system in a matter of minutes. You can sound like an enterprise to your customers, even if you aren’t yet, while you allow more revenues to pass into profits.
Taking your PBX on the road will upgrade your business with some of the most advanced capabilities on the forefront of telecom, such as a multilingual IVR system led by an AI auto-attendant, personalized find me/follow me ring trees, DDIs in 56 countries, user presence detection and employee directories that auto-update so you can reach anyone on your staff instantly.
Spoke Phone is the mobile PBX designed for agile and growing businesses in an on-demand world. Your next generation business deserves a low cost, mobile-first platform that scales and evolves as fast as you do.
See the future of business communications by claiming your own interactive demo or signing up for a free trial. A better way to increase revenues and decrease expenses – not to mention a better customer experience -- may already be in your hands.