How lean is your business? Are you paying for expenses that your competitors aren’t? Every business owner struggles with this essential Nice vs. Need question: What can I do without and still offer superior service to my customers? That’s also the question driving innovation in digitization. The answer is that there are many more costs that you can shed now than ever before thanks to mobile technology and subscription-based services. For example, one of the things a business can do without today is the massive investment in an IT network, both hardware
The trend in digital leveling
Businesses need servers to run their office software and a network to share information quickly throughout the organization. Small companies often run on just a single server and a DIY network until they grow big enough to need a professional IT infrastructure to handle the volume of information flow.
The idea behind ZI is that a business should be infinitely scalable, right from the beginning. A 10-employee company and a 1,000-employee company are not differentiated at all on the international market. They must compete with each other head to head every day, and the battle is not always won by the enterprise. The customer doesn't care how many people are involved in providing a service, they just want what works for them.
There are many small giants in the business world today – those with less than 100 employees bringing in millions in revenue thanks to technology like digitization and the ZI business model. Software as a service (SaaS) became such a big success at the dawn of the 21st century that providers began branching out and seeing what else could operate efficiently on the subscription model.
6 ways ZI makes business better
Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) took the concept one step further, from remotely managing business essential software to remotely provisioning all the processing, storage, networking and security of a business network. The business retains control over operating systems, data, applications and firewalls, but the hardware no longer has to be individually purchased and maintained.
Only in the past few years have technological trends converged to make this practical for small businesses. Access to cloud computing, virtual machines, and data centers have fallen in prices to make it possible for smaller firms to operate with enterprise-class computing resources.
There are actually many ways that ZI makes more sense for modern businesses in a volatile economic climate, such as:
- Compute everywhere – Never again say, “I’ll have to go back to the office and check on that.” By that time, the customer may have moved on. Give your business the gift of location independence so you can always be ready to serve the customer, no matter where your business takes you.
- Scale up and down faster – Adding, removing or changing employees don’t have to take IT resources and a major hit to your productivity. No wasted capacity and maximum flexibility to adapt to market fluctuations.
- Geo-failover plus multiple backups – You can’t afford to shutter your doors while you rebuild if something goes wrong or disaster strikes. ZI means eliminating the single point of failure trap. Large-scale data centers are prepared for anything, even while everyone else in your region is affected. Minimal downtime and maximum backup protection.
- Join the on-demand economy – Fixed costs beat variable costs because they help you plan further out into the future, but customers rarely arrive in predictable patterns. Build a better cushion for your business by making resource access match up with your customer demand.
- Improve your cash flow position -- Even when revenues exceed expenses, companies can run into severe problems when they run out of cash. Keep cash reserves on hand by reducing capital expenditures and long-term investments.
- Reduce worry levels – Huge data centers can afford much greater physical and digital security protection than a small business. They are tougher for hackers to breach and shielded from common accidents that happen in smaller offices. Rest easier knowing that your data and customer's private files are secure.
The communication network for ZI
The scalability and cost advantages of ZI also apply to your office phone system. Spoke Phone is the next generation mobile global phone platform that is completely digital, deployed on employee smartphones. No hardware, no wires, no IT. Just a professional phone system in a matter of minutes for much less than a traditional PBX or VoIP setup.
You can easily port over your existing business line, or run a mobile extension to your existing network, with new DDI numbers for employees in 56 countries.
Spoke Phone delivers the critical business phone features such as:
- HD Voice for better quality
- Easy call transfer from mobile-to-mobile
- Smart geo-routing to the closest available employee or team
- Masking private mobile numbers behind the company line
- A learning AI receptionist that adapts to the speaker
- The ability to capture call data and notes for sharing with coworkers
- An employee directory that updates automatically
Spoke Phone streamlines communications so your employees can solve more problems faster over the phone. At the same time Spoke keeps your company data secure and everyone's private calls stay private. Drop your communications expenses by up to 88% while your employees get to use the smartphones they already know and love.
See how it all works for yourself by claiming your own free trial or free trial or interactive demo. The old barriers to business don’t apply anymore. Get Spoke, investigate ZI and start disrupting your industry.